Thursday, July 26, 2012

Creative retouching: Kelly Osbourne on the cover of Glamoholic





The folks over at Design Scene have written that this editorial was “beautifully photographed” – which, if you ask me, is their idea of a joke. Surely the prize for beauty should go to whatever retoucher was involved in doctoring this cover of Kelly so that she looks like, well, every other bland, smooth-skinned woman in Hollywood?

I love Kelly Osbourne; I think she’s really funny, and honest, and smart, and I think she’s really made something quite good of herself and of her life despite a rocky start with her family’s reality TV show and, y’know, drug addiction. But I like the Kelly who looks like Kelly, not this glamorous Stepford Wife version of herself. If I were her, I’d be mightily pissed off that Glamoholic didn’t think I was good enough to grace their cover without obliterating every distinguishing feature I had. Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment