Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Retouching Workflow

I’ve always wanted to show some before and after retouching samples, but who wants to show their clients in a bad light? But when it’s a picture of me…
Here I am after the first week of sundance – AKA non stop drinking, partying, netwroking, charging the midnight screenings, getting up every morning at 6 because of my baby boy. I need some help here.
Most of the heavy work is done on the brow lines and under the eyes. I wont give away all my Photoshop secrets, but I used the spot healing brush tool (content aware), the clone stamp set to very low opacity and flow, and then the history bush to add back details where I have gone too far.
Here I’ve worked over the shadow side, filling in the cheeks and fixing my left eyebrow. The trick is to leave enough of the details to make it convincing. All that’s left to do is come color grading and work on the shirt wrinkles and…
Photo by Jeff Vespa, Courtesey WireImage.

No comments:

Post a Comment