Monday, June 3, 2013

MONOPRICE TABLET – PHOTO RETOUCHING ON THE CHEA

MONOPRICE TABLET – PHOTO RETOUCHING ON THE CHEA

 

Since I’ve been doing more and more portrait photography, I spend a lot of time in Lightroom 4 fiddling with sliders and brushes, trying to get really fine movements out of my mouse while retouching images. At the end of processing hundreds of photos, my hand feels like it endured a cross-fit session and forgot to invite the rest of my body.
There is another way, a way to retouch images without the hand cramps. Using a pen tablet alleviates the effects of those fine mouse movements on your hand and gives you more control over what you’re working on. But, those tablets are also expensive. I try to keep my photography gear costs low so until today, I’ve just been living with the discomfort of the mouse. No More!62511
Monoprice, a web store known for inexpensive electronics has come out with a $50.00 pen tablet. That’s very, very cheap compared to the leading brand (they can cost several hundred to thousands). And the reviews are really good for this thing, so I went ahead and purchased one. As soon as I receive it and get a chance to use it, I’ll update this post with my findings. Meanwhile, you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment